Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Sale
At Contract Furniture Express we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and strive to ensure you (the purchaser) will be completely satisfied with both the goods purchased and the service received from us. Below are our Conditions of Sale, you (the purchaser) should read them carefully as they apply to your order.
- The supplier of the goods of your purchase(s) is Contract Furniture Express Ltd. Our registered office is Express House, Mile End Road, Nottingham, NG4 2EE (company number 12441851). All communications must be made to TheTeam@ContractFurnitureExpress.co.uk, by calling 0115 855 6666, or by post to Contract Furniture Express Customer Service, Express House, Mile End Road, Colwick, Nottinghamshire, NG4 2EE.
- When ordering goods from Contract Furniture Express Ltd a contract will be formed which you (the purchaser) shall receive a copy of via email (this is your order confirmation).
- Should you need to alter your order (including the arrangements for delivery or collection), you must contact us immediately. Any amendments could delay the delivery of your order. To cancel your order or any part, please see section ‘Right to Cancel’.
- Should you purchase several items across two or more orders, we cannot guarantee that the goods supplied will be from the same batch and be an exact colour match.
Confidentiality and Personal Information
- The purchaser (you) is responsible for the confidentiality of personal account information. In line with such Terms and Conditions you accept responsibility for any unauthorised activity which occurs under your account and password arising from any failure on your part to keep your personal account details secure. Be sure to keep your personal details and password confidential and secure. If you have any reason to suspect your password has become known to someone else, has been or is likely to be used without your authorisation you should contact us immediately. We (Contract Furniture Express Ltd) shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage as a failure by you to protect your password or account details.
- Contract Furniture Express Ltd reserve the right to refuse access to the retail website, terminate accounts, amend and/or remove content and cancel orders (this will be at no cost to you).
- The purchaser’s (your) account contains your order history, the delivery details, address book, credit/debit card details and e-mail preferences. You can see and edit any of this information by logging in using your username and password.
- You (the purchaser) agree that when you register as a customer the information that you provide is true, accurate and up to date. If any of the information provided changes you must inform us immediately by contacting our online service team TheTeam@ContractFurnitureExpress.co.uk or by calling 0115 855 6666.
- You must not impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name or a name which you do not have authority to use.
Price and Payment
- The price for the goods (including any applicable delivery charges) is as set out in the order confirmation.
- Goods must be paid for in full (including any applicable delivery charges) at the time of placing your order.
- Ownership of the goods we supply to you will not pass until we have received all sums due and payable by you including (where applicable) delivery charges.
Right to Cancel
- Contract Furniture Express Ltd is under a legal duty to supply goods that conform to the contract.
- Where you have ordered your goods by internet, e-mail, or telephone, under the Consumer Contract (Information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations you may cancel your order at any time between placing the order and within 14 days after the day the goods come into your possession (or the last item of a multiple order comes into your possession).
- To cancel your order either email our online service team TheTeam@ContractFurnitureExpress.co.uk or call us on 0115 855 6666. Collection from a UK address is free.
- Please take reasonable care of the goods, we are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of or damage to the goods by you.
- Please make it clear when you cancel that you are cancelling under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations.
- Cancellation must be by the person who placed the order. If you cancel by telephone, we will need to be satisfied that you are the person who placed the order.
- All items are delivered by our dedicated home delivery company or designated couriers. Delivery is free of charge for orders exceeding £50. Orders of less than £50 are subject to additional delivery charges. Delivery at this rate is only available to mainland UK. Delivery outside of the mainland UK and Republic of Ireland is subject to the availability of our courier’s service in the area and cannot be guaranteed.
- Whilst we deliver to most areas in the UK and Ireland, we are unable to guarantee delivery, within our usual lead times, to certain areas. These include Highlands & Islands, Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Man.
- At the time of placing your order, you will have been informed of the approximate timescale for contact by our home delivery company regarding your delivery or collection. For an item that is in stock, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for UK delivery within one week of receiving your order. For an item that is not in stock or that is made-to-order, our home delivery company will contact you to arrange an appointment for UK delivery once we have received that item in our warehouse.
Extra Delivery Charges
- You must tell us when arranging delivery about any special factors that may result in delivery being more costly and/or taking longer than it otherwise would have.
- Extra charges for delivery may apply to any special factors. These include:
- If there are any parking restrictions, narrow or low bridges or small entrances.
- If you change the address where your goods are to be delivered at short notice.
- If delivery is more costly and/or takes longer than it otherwise would have because of any special factors that you failed to tell us about.
- If the goods need to be redelivered because of access problems (e.g. small door frames, awkward turns, narrow passages, steps etc) at the delivery address or because the goods would not fit into the room for which they were intended.
- If the goods need to be redelivered because there was no-one at the delivery address aged 18 or over to sign for the goods at the time arranged for delivery.
- If you need to inform us of any special factors regarding your delivery after you have placed and confirmed your order, please call Customer Service team on 0115 855 6666.
- For our standard delivery items, you will receive a phone call or email to confirm when your parcel is arriving (if you have given an email address and/or mobile phone number). If you are not available, the driver will try to locate a safe location where the parcel can be left. If they are unable to find a suitable and safe location, a card will be left with instructions on arranging redelivery. If delivery cannot be made within 5 days of receiving the card, the item will be returned to us and a re-delivery fee will apply.
- We will let you know if any extra delivery charges are payable and you must pay these charges before delivery or re-delivery (as appropriate) or, if charged after delivery, within 7 days of receiving notice of such extra delivery charges.
- If we attempt to deliver goods to a delivery address but delivery is impossible or impractical, you may contact us with an alternative delivery address, and we will redeliver to that alternative UK delivery address. Re-delivery charges may apply. However, if we do not hear from you with a suitable alternative delivery address within 7 days of the attempted delivery, then we may cancel your order, delivery charges will not be refunded.
- If delivery proves impossible or impractical on 2 or more occasions because of access problems, the goods will not fit into the room for which they are intended or because there was no-one at the delivery address aged 18 or over to sign for the goods at the time arranged for delivery, then we may cancel your order, deducting any cost for the delivery and a restocking charge from the refund
- If you change the address where your goods are to be delivered at short notice.
- Occasionally the delivery of your goods may be delayed by circumstances outside our control. If for any reason we are unable to deliver the goods or to have them ready for collection within the original approximate timeframe then we will notify you of the delay and new timeframe as soon as possible.
- If you cannot wait for the goods, you must let us have notice of cancellation from the person who placed the order. If we receive your notice of cancellation as set out above, then you will receive a full refund.
- This request must be e-mailed to TheTeam@ContractFurnitureExpress.co.uk or you can phone our Customer Service team on 0115 855 6666. However, Contract Furniture Express cannot accept any liability for any losses you incur (including loss of earnings) or for compensation for perceived inconvenience that may be suffered due to any delay.
- Where delivery of goods is delayed, we shall not be liable for any loss due to the fact that delivery did not occur on the date specified.
Arrival of Goods
- On delivery of your furniture products, you will be asked to sign for the goods and to inspect any upholstery goods that have been unpacked to ensure you accept them. For this reason, you should be present at delivery yourself. However, if you do ask someone else to take delivery for you, then you must make sure that they are aware of what they need to do and are happy to accept the goods on your behalf.
- We will be pleased to unpack all upholstery goods for you and remove the packaging if you require us to do so.
- We will deliver your goods to the room of your choice on fitted deliveries, provided that our team can gain access with the item(s) to that room and comply with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Please notify us of obvious defects that are apparent on first inspection of the goods, such as missing parts or damage, within 14 days of delivery and additionally, wherever possible, by describing the defects on the 'proof of delivery' document you are asked to sign.
- For other defects, please notify us as soon as you discover those defects and at the latest within 14 days of delivery.
- You may notify us by e-mail at TheTeam@ContractFurnitureExpress.co.uk or by phone on 0115 855 6666. Your statutory rights, in particular your rights under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges Regulations, and the Consumer Rights Act are not affected.
- You agree that we (or our appointed agents) may examine and test any goods that are claimed to be defective to establish whether those defects are our responsibility.
- Where we need to send the goods away for examination and testing, then you will permit us (or our agents) to collect the goods from you for that purpose.
- Where defective goods are exchanged, you must allow us to collect the defective goods from you. Please also note that you may have to wait for replacement goods that are non-stock items or are made-to-order.
- For self-assembly goods, it is important that you read the assembly instructions carefully as we cannot accept responsibility for any self-assembly goods that are damaged because instructions were not properly followed.
- Where it cannot otherwise be established that we supplied any goods that are claimed to be defective, for example because sewn-in labels have been removed, then we may require you to produce proof of purchase.
- When we are satisfied that the goods are faulty you will be offered a replacement or full refund of the original purchase price. Nothing in this section affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Changes to your order
- Once you have received confirmation of your order, changes can only be made to your personal details up to the point of your delivery being booked.
- If you wish to make changes to the items ordered, your order will need to be cancelled and a new order placed.
- Both may be completed by contacting our Customer Service team by e-mail at TheTeam@ContractFurnitureExpress.co.uk or phone on 0115 855 6666.
- Changes made to your order after the original confirmation will result in a new approximate time frame for delivery. We will give you an indication of the new approximate time frame once we have confirmed your cancellation and a new order has been placed.
- Please note that for made-to-order items, cancellations can only be made in accordance with your rights under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations.
- To obtain a refund you must take reasonable care of the goods. If you fail to do so we reserve the right to refuse the refund or deduct a charge based on the condition of the goods. We may make a deduction from your refund for any loss in value of any goods if they have been unnecessarily handled by you.
- It is not possible to refund made to measure items or goods made to your specification unless you cancel in accordance with your rights under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations or they are faulty or not as described, in which case we may ask to review the goods through an independent inspection before a refund is given. Your consumer rights are not affected.
- To return items purchased through our website, we will make arrangements for the goods to be collected from you. Please note this will incur a lead-time. Our home delivery company will contact you directly to book this in with you. We reserve the right to charge return collection charges.
- For our standard delivery items purchased through our website, you may wish to follow the returns procedure outlined in the delivery note. Unwanted goods may be returned from the UK free of charge under your rights under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations if we are notified within 7 working days of receipt.
- Your refund will be processed as soon as possible and in any event within no more than 14 of the day after our receipt of the returned goods, or, if the goods have not yet been delivered, within 14 days of the day you gave us notice of cancellation.
- Until the goods are returned to us, you are responsible if the goods are lost, damaged, or destroyed. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may make a deduction from any refund due to you.
- We will only make a refund using the same method of payment originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- Where the goods were delivered to a third party in the UK and you are unable to return them to us, you may not be entitled to a refund. We will not supply or deliver to shipping agents or to agents who sell on our goods to third parties.
- All goods are subject to availability. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to supply any goods then you will be offered a full refund or, if available and acceptable to you, substitute goods of equivalent quality and price.
- To get the most out of any goods, you should take care to follow the care instructions. The goods we sell are for consumers for general domestic use only and must be used for the intended purpose. Where products are used for non-domestic purposes we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
- Your privacy is very important to us at Contract Furniture Express and we are committed to treating your personal data (e.g. your name, telephone number, e-mail address, billing and delivery address, debit and credit card details) with total respect and confidentiality. Contract Furniture Express is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 2018, and we will comply with the statutory requirements imposed on us to keep your personal data confidential and secure.
- We will not be responsible for any delay in complying or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions of sale if that delay or failure is due to any circumstances outside our reasonable control including without limitation fire, flood, acts of terrorism or where we are let down by a supplier.
- These conditions of sale are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights as a consumer.
- You may not transfer your rights under the contract between us to any third party without Contract Furniture Express’s prior written consent.
- If any term of these conditions of sale is determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, then such term will be severed from the remaining terms which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If you do not comply with these conditions of sale and we take no action in respect of that non-compliance, our right to act in the same or a similar situation in the future will not be affected.
- In case of any disputes, please email TheTeam@ContractFurnitureExpress.co.uk or call us on 0115 855 6666. All communications will be in the English language.
- These Conditions of Sale and any contract formed in accordance with clause 1 of those Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- When we refer to "you" and "your" we mean the user of the Website and purchaser of Goods.
- You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Contract Furniture Express Ltd will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
- You shall not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by Contract Furniture Express Ltd.
- If you have any questions about the terms and conditions, the Goods or the Website please email us at TheTeam@ContractFurnitureExpress.co.uk or call us on 0115 855 6666.
- We try to make sure that all information on the Website is accurate and correct at all times. However, mistakes do happen. We will try to resolve all information errors on the Website as soon as reasonably possible, and if we reasonably think that such an error has affected your purchase of Goods, we will try to let you know. However, because we take these steps, we will not be liable to you for any errors on the Website.